ENERGAS gas treatment system - 5 years of reliable operation as part of the Alan booster compressor station in Uzbekistan
25 December 2020
Alan booster compressor station was created in the course of the development of same-name gas field in southern Uzbekistan. The launch of BCS was held at the end of 2015. Project's customer is the company Uzbekneftegaz. Designer is LLC EAST-WEST Engineering (Tashkent). Construction was performed by JSC Kazan Motor-Building Production Association (KMPO).
BCS site is located near the Alan CGTP (at the CGTP gas inlet). In conditions of field depletion compressor station maintains the pressure of low-sulfur feed gas at the inlet to the low-temperature separation unit – at a level ensuring normal operation of turbo-expanders.
The project helps to increase the production of residual gas and condensate reserves in the field and to support the nominal conditions of gas processing before it is fed to the Mubarek Gas Processing Plant.
Compressor station consists of two GPU-16 Volga turbo-compressor gas-pumping units. GPU are made on the basis of centrifugal compressors 244GTS2-220/20.5-44M12456 and 204GTS2-100/44-75M1245; as drives there are used NK-16-18ST gas-turbine engines manufactured by KMPO. Capacity of the station is 5 billion m3 / year.
BCS is equipped with ENERGAS fuel and starting gas treatment system of type GS-FHP-400/56. Gas treatment system is a multifunctional process unit made on single (open) frame.
The equipment includes:
- High-efficiency inlet filtration unit with two-stage coalescing filters-separators. The degree of gas purification from solids and condensed moisture (larger than 10 microns) is 99.98%.
- Module of gas condensate gathering and storage with drainage tank.
- Explosion-proof electric heaters. They implement heating the purified gas to the project parameters (+55°C). For smooth capacity adjustment (or blocking heating in emergency situations), it comes complete with control cabinet, equipped with an interface for communication with external APCS.
- Pressure reducing subassembly for starting gas consisting of two lines (operating and backup). Gas pressure is reduced from 5.6 MPa to the 0.4 … 0.6 MPa.
- Bilinear pressure reducing subassembly for fuel gas. Outlet pressure is 2.3 ... 2.5 MPa.
Capacity of gas treatment system is 14,400 ... 17,600 m3 / h. The unit is designed to accommodate a wide ambient temperature range (-28 .. .+49°C). Assigned resource (service life) is 25 years.
Supply of equipment was carried out by the Russian company ENERGAS. The project was implemented in the shortest possible time – the designing, production, factory testing and delivery took only 2 months. Chef-engineering works as well as consulting and technical support of the project have been conducted by the experts of LLC ServicENERGAS.
The Alan field is operated since the second half of the 1970s. Capacities of NHC Uzbekneftegaz allow to provide annual production of natural gas in the amount of about 70 billion m3 and production of liquid hydrocarbons – 8 million tons.
JSC KMPO massively produces gas turbine engines and equipment on their basis for the pumping and distribution of natural gas. In particular, GPU-16 Volga is a highly efficient and reliable gas-pumping unit, created on the basis of the model range engines of KMPO. GPU-16 Volga is designed for the installation of NK-38ST, NK-16-18ST or DG-90P2 engines. It is available in packaged and hangar design with capacity of 16 and 18 MW.
|Previous news||Back to the list||Next news|