Gas treatment and fuel supply of GTPP-25P at Ufa CHPP-1 received a new level of quality and reliability
14 September 2019At the CHPP-1 production site of Ufa CHPP-4 (LLC Bashkir Generation Company) there is completed technical re-equipment of gas turbine power plant GTPP-25P in part of gas treatment and fuel feeding.
The basis of power generating unit are the GTE-25P gas turbine unit (on base of engine PS-90EU-2G) produced by JSC UEC-Aviadvigatel and waste-heat boiler manufactured by Energomash-Stroy. As main fuel it is used natural gas.
At first project stage, the feeding pipeline was upgraded. It is now equipped with highly efficient filtration system of the company ENERGAS. The degree of gas purification is 100% for particles larger than 5 microns. The capacity is 7,600 m3 / h.
According to the process flow diagram of gas treatment, the new system is installed before a booster compressor station (BCS), it made on an open frame and it comprises two filters of vertical cartridge type. Filters are equipped with pressure differential sensors that signal the contamination of filter elements and, accordingly, increase the degree of protection of the BCS compressor. Control system for equipment is integrated into ACS of compressor station, which provides gas compression and its supply to the GTPP turbine.
The second stage consisted in the implementation of a scope of works to upgrade and bring the BCS to modern standards for the production and operation of gas compressor equipment:
1. A new screw oil-filled compressor is installed – the main element of the BCS.
2. Two-tier capacity control system is improved. For the first level (spool control), the proportional control algorithm has been added, as a result of which the speed of movement of the spool is not fixed, but is set by the ACS of BCS. The second level (gas recirculation system) is equipped with an additional bypass line. Taken together, these updates allow the compressor station to respond as quickly and correctly as possible to changes in load under transient operating modes of a coupled gas turbine.
3. Maintenance and upgrade of the BCS oil system were performed. Replaced filters and injection pressure control valve. The oil system now uses ester synthetic oil of the new generation ESTSYN CE, which is specially created for units made based on screw compressors. ESTSYN CE oil ensures efficient operation, increases reliability and equipment life. The oil change was accompanied by a change in the operating parameters of the BCS, which allows the station to function normally at elevated oil temperatures.
4. The BCS cooling system is upgraded in order to reduce the temperatures differential of the oil in oil system and compressed gas.
5. Modern software is installed. After connecting and setting up, the updated BCS automated control system is reintegrated with the upper level of the APCS of the gas turbine power plant.
6. There were added new set points and protections. BCS was pressure testing with nitrogen – checking all assemblies and connections for tightness.
At the final stage (after start-up and adjustment works and own tests) there was took place integrated testing of equipment under load – in conjunction with gas turbine unit. Testing was conducted stepwise under various turbine capacity modes – from 2 to 22 MW. Filtration system and compressor station of fuel gas have operated in normal mode, without any complaints.
The project has been carried out by specialists of the company ServicENERGAS (part of ENERGAS Group). Its implementation raised fuel gas quality, gas feeding reliability and, as a result, GTPP operation efficiency.
REFERENCE. The gas turbine power plant GTPP-25P provides a combined energy production. The installed electric capacity is 22.5 MW; thermal power is 26 Gcal/h. Coefficient of fuel combustion heat utilization reaches 85%.
The GTPP commissioning took place in October 2009. She became the first in the Russia gas turbine power plant created on basis of aircraft engine. Construction of the GTPP-25P – one of the most important energy projects in Bashkortostan in those years. Its capacity is sufficient for power supply of more than 25 thousand town flats and heating of 2,400 flats what significantly increased the capabilities and reliability of the Ufa power grid.
REFERENCE. Bashkir Generation Company is one of the largest local energy companies of Russia, it owns large production base: one SDPS, ten CHPPs, two large HPPs as well as facilities of small power industry.
|Previous news||Back to the list||Next news|